BootlegZone

Made for and by bootleg lovers
It is currently Wed Mar 29, 2017 11:12 am

All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 583 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 24  Next
peerke
 Post subject: what's on PAUL McCARTNEY - ULTIMATE ARCHIVE COLLECTION?
PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2015 11:14 am 

As with the George Harrison Rarities Collection from dave1dmarx, I've tried to make sense of what's on the discs.

Here's my comments on FLOWERS IN THE DIRT - ULTIMATE ARCHIVE COLLECTION
Feel free to add or correct.
Thanks once more to Dave for compiling and sharing.

FLOWERS IN THE DIRT - ULTIMATE ARCHIVE COLLECTION

CD 1

1-12 Flowers in the Dirt – album, as released on vinyl, June 5, 1989.

13 - Où est le soleil - Bonus track on CD and cassette version of Flowers in the Dirt. Different intro to single mix.
14 - Once Upon a Long Ago – single, released on November 16, 1987
15 - Back on my Feet - b-side 'Once Upon a Long Ago'
16 - Flying to My Home – b-side 'My Brave Face' , released on May 8, 1989
17 - The First Stone - b-side 'This One', released on July 17, 1989
18 - Good Sign – b-side 12” 'This One', released on July 17, 1989

CD 2

Tracks 1, 4, 8, 14 & 17 were released as part of ‘Oobu Joobu’ tracks on the Flaming Pie singles in 1997.

1 - I Love This House - outtake recorded in September 1984, with producer David Foster. Released as part of ‘Oobu Joobu (Part 1)’ on the single ‘Young Boy’ in the UK and ‘The World Tonight’ in the US. The last few seconds are grafted on from Pizza And Fairy Tales boot (after re-eqing it a bit to match).
2 - P.S. Love Me Do – experimental cover version from Phil Ramone, with vocal by Paul McCartney, released on Japan only set Flowers In The Dirt - Special Package, March 1, 1990.
3 - Christian Bop – outtake from Phil Ramone sessions, March 1987 - later (October 2015) officially released on Pipes of Peace - Paul McCartney Archive Collection.
4 - Love Mix – outtake from Phil Ramone sessions, March 1987. Similar to 2-1, this time coming from ‘Oobu Joobu (Part 6)’. Again, the last few seconds have been grafted on from P&FT.
5 - Loveliest Thing – outtake from Phil Ramone sessions, August 1986 – released on CD single 'Figure of Eight'.
6 - Same Love – outtake from Phil Ramone sessions, April 1987 – released on UK only CD 2 of ‘Beautiful Night’ single, December 15, 1997
7 - Party Party – jam recorded in April 1989 – released on Japan only set Flowers In The Dirt - Special Package, March 1, 1990 and also on 3" CD + 7" vinyl as part of the Flowers World Tour package which flooded record shops in early 2000 (CD only in the US).
8 - Atlantic Ocean – outtake from Phil Ramone sessions, March 1987 – released as part of ‘Oobu Joobu (Part 2)’. Dave had to graft on the beginning as well as the end to make this complete.
9 - Return To Pepperland – outtake from Phil Ramone sessions, March 1987
10 - Love Come Tumbling Down – outtake from Phil Ramone sessions, March 1987– released on UK only CD 1 of ‘Beautiful Night’ single, December 15, 1997
11 - Lindiana - outtake recorded in September 1984, with producer David Foster
12 - This One – early version, recorded during Phil Ramone sessions, March 1987
13 - New Moon over Jamaica - song written with and for Johnny Cash –released on Water from the Wells of Home, in October 1988
14 - Don't Break the Promises - song written with Eric Stewart, in 1985 – recorded in June 1988 and released as part of ‘Oobu Joobu (Part 4)’.
15 - Once Upon a Long Ago (Long version) – remixed by George Martin - released on 12" single, version one (12R 6170), in March 1987
16 - Tropical Island Hum – recording started in December 1987 and finished in September 1994 – released on September 15, 2004
17 - Squid – outtake, recorded in December 1986 and released as part of ‘Oobu Joobu (Part 3)’. Again, the last few seconds have been grafted on (along with the first .1 seconds to allow the full first strum to be heard!)
18 - Beautiful Night – original version, recorded in August 1986, with Phil Ramone – released in December 1997, as part of ‘Oobu Joobu (Part 5)’ on the cd-single of ‘Beatiful Night’ in December 1997. Has the first eleven seconds along with the final two-plus minutes grafted on from the bootleg. (You can hear the obvious transition at 3:55)

CD 3

1-8 - Demo’s with Elvis Costello, recorded in September 1987
9 - The White Coated Man – poem by Carla Lane, put to music by Linda and Paul, recorded March 21, 1988 and July 18, 1989 – released as Suzy and the Red Stripes on the benefit album Animal Magnetism, in 1994
10 - Cow – another Carla/Linda and Paul composition, recorded in July 1988 and released on Wide Prairie, in October 1998
11 - Endless Days - Linda song, recorded on October 21, 1987 and released on Wide Prarie
12 - Posion Ivy – cover by Linda, recorded on October 21, 1987 and released on Wide Prarie
13 - Peacocks – outtake, with Linda imitating well, a peacock
14 - Big Day - outtake recorded in March 1987, with Phil Ramone
15 - Once Upon a Long Ago – album edit , released in November 1987 on All The Best
16 - The White Coated Man – Wide Prairie version
17 - Cow – Version released in May 1997 on Oobu Joobu Ecology, a bonus disc only distributed by Best Buy. As the intro was buried beneath Pauls voice-over, Dave reconstructed it from a variety of sources, layered on top of one another.
18 - Message to Japanese fans - released on Japan only set Flowers In The Dirt - Special Package, March 1, 1990

19-23 – from the Put It There documentary (specifically, the laserdisc and re-eqed the audio).
19 - The Long and Winding Road – recorded in April 1989, during video shoot for documentary – released on the Figure Of Eight CD single, and (before that) as the b-side to ‘This One’ from the Tour Pack 7" box set.
20 - Rough Ride – new version, recorded in April 1989, during that same video shoot and also taken from the Figure Of Eight CD single (this time, the 3" single) where it was referred to as "(New Version)"
21 - My Brave Face – early version, recorded in September 1987
22 - The Fool on the Hill Ride – new version, also recorded in April 1989, during that same video shoot
23 - Party Party – Called ‘rock version’ by Dave because they are rockin' out with real instruments as opposed to the synthetic dance groove given to all the other versions!

CD 4

1 - Once Upon a Long Ago (Extended version) - remix by remix door Paul McCartney & Peter Henderson - released in November 1987, on 12" single, version two
2 - Où est le soleil - Extended Version - remix 2 by Shep Pettibone, released on 12" single
3 - Où est le soleil - Tub Dub Mix - remix 3 by Shep Pettibone, released on b-side 12" single. The version presented here is taken from a digital source: the Hitmakers promo CD Dave found by chance at a record show for $2- in 1991!
4 - Où est le soleil - Instrumental Mix - remix 4 Shep Pettibone, released on b-side 12" single
5 - Figure of Eight – remake recorded in January 1989 and released on single in September 1989
6 - This One - Club Lovejoys Mix - remix by Matt Butler, released on 12" single of ‘Figure of Eight’
7 - Distractions – remix of the LP track, used for the lip-synched video found on the Put It There documentary. As it was incomplete on both ends, the intro and the outro are grafted on.
8 - Où est le soleil – remix by Dennis Muyet , released on the Various Artists compilation Disconet Dance Classics: CD Series #3, in 1989
9 - Good Sign - Groove Mix – Instrumentaal remix, released on a very limited pressing used for DJ’s, in 1989.
10 - Party Party - Bruce Forest Club Mix, released on a 12" DJ promo single
11 - Figure of Eight - 7" remix edit of remake, released on 7" single
12 - Où est le soleil - single remix, released on 7" single
13 - We Got Married - Promo edit, released on 5" cd, in 1990
14 - Party Party – promo edit, exclusively released in February 1990 on the compilation Paul McCartney Rocks (with a spoken intro found only on this version!)
15 - Ou Est Le Soleil – fade of the single remix (4-12), released on a promo single. It’s 0:39 shorter.

Edited on October 6, to the remarks made by Dave.

Last edited by peerke on Tue Oct 06, 2015 7:40 pm, edited 5 times in total.

Phil_Lip
 Post subject: Re: what's on PAUL McCARTNEY - ULTIMATE ARCHIVE COLLECTION?
PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2015 5:46 pm 

Thanks for this - it helps put the tracks in context.

meanmistermustard
PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2015 6:04 pm 

Thanks for the details.
I presume 'I Love This House' (disc 2 track 1) is the same that which is in amongst 'Oobu Jubu part 1' on the first of the two 'Young Boy' cd's released in 1997.

Love the track. Deserved more than just to be buried so deeply.

wopenke
PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2015 7:33 pm 

Thank you, perke - this helps a lot! Great work!

Stephen J
PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2015 11:17 pm 

Yes, thanks a lot :) :) :) .

peerke
PostPosted: Sat Jun 20, 2015 7:56 am 

VENUS AND MARS - ULTIMATE ARCHIVE COLLECTION

CD 1

1-13 - Venus and Mars album, as released on May 27, 1975

14 - Lunch Box/Odd Sox – recorded in January 1975, remixed in 1978 for Cold Cuts, and released in April 1980 as b-side of 'Coming Up'
15 - Going to New Orleans – recorded in November 1974 and released 40 years later on Venus and Mars - Paul McCartney Archive Collection
16 - My Carnival – recorded in New Orleans on February 12, 1975. Remixed in 2014 for Venus and Mars - Paul McCartney Archive Collection
17 - New Orleans – cover, recorded in February 1975 and released in October 1998 on Linda McCartney’s Wide Prairie
18 - Junior's Farm – recorded in July 1974 in Nashville an released as a single in October 1974
19 - Sally G – also recorded in Nashville and released as the b-side of ‘Junior’s Farm’
20 - Send Me The Heart – Denny Laine song, recorded in Nashville, with Wings, on July 11, 1974. Overdubs added in 1978 for Cold Cuts. Released in October 1980 on Denny’s Japanese Tears
21 - Hey Diddle – recorded during the Ram sessions. Overdubs added in Nashville. Remixed by Ernie Winfrey. Released on Venus and Mars - Paul McCartney Archive Collection
22 - Baby Face – recorded during the One Hand Clapping sessions, in August 1974. Overdub with horns in New Orleans, February 1975. Released in November 2014 on Venus and Mars - Paul McCartney Archive Collection
23 - Walking in the Park with Eloise - Instrumental song written by Paul’s father James McCartney. Recorded in Nashville and released as a single by The Country Hams, in October 1974
24 - Bridge on the River Suite - - recorded during the Red Rose Speedway sessions in September 1972, with overdubs added in November 1973 and July 1974 (Nashville). Released as b-side of The Country Hams single.

CD 2

1 - Rock Show (New version) - - recorded in New Orleans in Febryuary 1975 and released only on paulmccartney.com download, on November 5, 2014
2 - Soily – recorded during the One Hand Clapping sessions, in August 1974. Released on Venus and Mars - Paul McCartney Archive Collection
3 - Love My Baby– recorded during the One Hand Clapping sessions, in August 1974 and released exclusively on paulmccartney.com, on November 5, 2014
4 - Junior's Farm - radio edit, released on a promo single
5 - Listen to What the Man Said - single edit, released on May 16, 1975
6 - Love in Song - single mix, without the crossfade from ‘Rock Show’, released as b-side of ‘Listen to What the Man Said ‘
7 - Letting Go - remix by Alan Parsons, with shorter intro and outro ingekort, and the organ mixed more upfront. - Released as a single, on October 4, 1975
8 - Venus And Mars - Rock Show (Edit) – relesaed as a single on October 27, 1975
9 - My Carnival – with vocal and piano overdubs added in 1985 and released as b-side of 'Spies Like Us'in November 1985
10 - 4th of July – demo recorded in 1973. Given away to John Cristie who made it a single, in July 1974. Paul’s demo is released on Venus and Mars - Paul McCartney Archive Collection

11-22 - From One Hand Clapping sessions, August 1974, recorded in the garden of the EMI Studio on Abbey Road. Hence the name: The Backyard Tape. Taken from the Backyard + More CD and re-eqed slightly to improve dynamics.

23 - Let's Love – demo for Peggy Lee, recorded in June 1974 and released on Venus and Mars - Paul McCartney Archive Collection
24 - Let's Love/Sitting At The Piano – improvisation from One Hand Clapping
25 - All of You – improvisation from One Hand Clapping, released on Band on the Run - Paul McCartney Archive Collection, in November 2010
26 - I'll Give You A Ring - from One Hand Clapping, released on Band on the Run - Paul McCartney Archive Collection, in November 2010
27 - My Carnival (Party Mix) – Remixed in 1985 by Gary Langan. This is the complete unedited "Party Mix"

CD 3

1-13 - The DTS 5.1 mix - of the Venus and Mars.
Originally released as Quadrophonic Version, but in November 1997 re-released on cd. Notice the different track order. The Quad 8-track version had yet another running order (much more similar to the LP).

14 - My Carnival – the 1980 'Rough Mix' for Cold Cuts
15 - Rock Show (Old version) - alternate take, recorded in November 1975, released on Venus and Mars - Paul McCartney Archive Collection
16 - Letting Go – rough mix, available on paulmccartney.com
17 - Junior's Farm – alt. mix by Ernie Winfrey, available as a download on another website
18 - Hey Diddle - 1978 remix for Cold Cuts
19 - Tomorrow - instrumental reggae version of the song from Wings debut album Wild Life. Recorded around October 1974 and considered for the first version of Cold Cuts
20 - Proud Mum – recorded for a commercial for Mother’s Pride bread. Never used. Considered for the first version of Cold Cuts
21 - Proud Mum (Reprise) – more of the same
22 - My Carnival (Party Mix) – edit of the Gary Langan remix, released on the b-side of the 12" maxi-single 'Spies Like Us', in November 1985

Edited on October 6, to the remarks made by Dave.

Last edited by peerke on Tue Oct 06, 2015 12:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

peerke
PostPosted: Sat Jun 20, 2015 10:59 am 

If anyone, much smater than me, wants to take these notes, to make inlays for the cd-boxes, please feel free to do so.

dave1dmarx
PostPosted: Sat Jun 20, 2015 3:15 pm 

peerke wrote:
If anyone, much smater than me, wants to take these notes, to make inlays for the cd-boxes, please feel free to do so.

Wait - one needs to take an IQ test in order to make inlays? Thank God no one made me take one before I started making these CDs! :wink:

Okay, so some minor corrections to make. For the Flowers set:

1-13 is not the same track as found on the 45. The 45 is basically a remixed version of the LP (bonus track) version. The intros to both are different.
2-1 is from one of the Flaming Pie singles (Young Boy in the UK - The World Tonight in the US) as part of Oobu Joobu Part 1. I grafted on the last few seconds from Pizza And Fairy Tales (after re-eqing it a bit to match).
2-4 similar to 2-1, this time coming from Oobu Joobu Part 6. Again, the last few seconds have been grafted on from P&FT.
2-7 wasn't exclusive to the Japan set. It was released on 3" CD + 7" vinyl as part of the Flowers World Tour package which flooded record shops in early 2000 (in the US, we only got the CD version).
2-8 similar to 2-1, coming from Oobu Joobu Part 2. I had to graft on the beginning as well as the end to make this complete. BTW, tracks 1, 4, 8, 14 + 17 on disc two were all released as part of Oobu Joobu tracks on the Flaming Pie singles. They aren't jut outtakes - they were released!
2-14 similar to 2-1, this comes from Oobu Joobu Part 4. This time, there's no bootleg version available.
2-17 similar to 2-1, this comes from Oobu Joobu Part 3. Again, the last few seconds have been grafted on (along with the first .1 seconds to allow the full first strum to be heard!)
2-18 Has the first eleven seconds along with the final two-plus minutes grafted on from the bootleg. (You can hear the obvious transition at 3:55)
3-17 I had to reconstruct the intro using a variety of sources, layered on top of one another to recreate the intro heard underneath Paul's voiceover on the Oobu Joobu bonus Best Buy disc. I couldn't remove the voiceover, so I came up with this.
3-19 actually was released on the Figure Of Eight CD single, and (before that) as the b-side to This One from the Tour Pack 7" box set.
3-20 was also taken from the Figure Of Eight CD single (this time, the 3" single) where it was referred to as "(New Version)"
3-21 thru 3-23 all were taken from the Put It There documentary (specifically, I used the laserdisc and re-eqed the audio). 3-23 is NOT the McCartney Rocks version, but the Put It There version. I called it the [rock version] because they are rockin' out with real instruments as opposed to the synthetic dance groove given to all the other versions!
4-3 was on the 12" but I took this version from a digital source - the Hitmakers promo CD that I found by chance at a record show for $2- in 1991!
4-7 I wouldn't call this a new version - this is a remix of the LP track, used for the lip-synched video found on the Put It There documentary. It was incomplete on both ends, so I grafted on the intro and the outro (NOT the Bonzo track! :wink: )
4-14 is the promo edit from McCartney Rocks (with a spoken intro found only on this version!) You appear to have mixed up 3-23 + 4-14. It happens...
4-15 isn't an edit as much as an early fade of 4-12. Normally, if it's just a few seconds, I wouldn't bother to include an early fade as a true alternate but this one is :39 shorter, which made it more significant, hence its inclusion!

For Venus And Mars:

2-11 thru 2-21 are from The Backyard Tape, taken from the Backyard + More CD and re-eqed slightly to improve dynamics.
2-22 is from the same piano tape as 2-24 through 2-26. 2-23 sounds like it could be from it as well, but it was not on the original boot (making its first appearance on the Venus And Mars Archive Edition) so it's not certain. I placed it where I did on the disc as it seemed like a good lead-in to the next track.
3-1 thru 3-13 were not issued on cassette! I assume you meant the Quad 8-track which indeed had a different running order (much more similar to the LP). I'd love to hear the Quad 8-track as I'd be interested to find out how they handled the transition of Rock Show into Love In Song as on the DTS CD, Love In Song begins cold with no segue, yet Rock Show stops short (due to the hard edit into Letting Go). A minor mystery for me!
3-16 was/is also available on paulmccartney.com.
3-17 was found as a download on another website (that I always forget the name of!0
3-18 ..."voor"???? :)

Other than that, great job! BTW, the audio and disc art are finished for the NEXT release! Still need to work out the cover art though...

meanmistermustard
PostPosted: Sat Jun 20, 2015 3:40 pm 

Thanks for the details peerke and dave1dmarx. Great to have along with the discs.

peerke
PostPosted: Sat Jun 20, 2015 4:51 pm 

dave1dmarx wrote:
Okay, so some minor corrections to make.

Thanks for the "minor" correction. 8)
I was hoping you would do that. It's not always easy to work out which is which based sometimes on timing alone.

"voor" is Dutch for, well "for". :wink:

dave1dmarx
PostPosted: Sat Jun 20, 2015 5:02 pm 

peerke wrote:
dave1dmarx wrote:
Okay, so some minor corrections to make.

Thanks for the "minor" correction. 8)
I was hoping you would do that. It's not always easy to work out which is which based sometimes on timing alone.

"voor" is Dutch for, well "for". :wink:

Well, you know what they say... "Pom-pi-dom-pi-dom, pom-pi-dom-pi-dom!" :hi:

rogerlancelot
PostPosted: Sat Jun 20, 2015 10:55 pm 

dave1dmarx wrote:
BTW, the audio and disc art are finished for the NEXT release! Still need to work out the cover art though...

You, sir, are totally awesome.

peerke
PostPosted: Sun Jun 21, 2015 9:16 am 

Electric Arguments

CD 1

1-13 Electric Arguments album, released on November 24, 2008 as The Fireman
14 hidden track on the album
15 In the Studio - Making of the album, bonus track on the Deluxe version, released on January 31, 2009

CD 2

1-7 Bonus tracks on Electric Arguments Deluxe, released on January 31, 2009

1 Solstice Ambient Acapella – remix without drums or bass of ‘Is This Love?’
2 Travelling Light Instrumental – remix of 'Traveling Light’
3 Wickerman Ambient Dub - dub remix of ‘Don't Stop Running’
4 Morning Mist Instrumental Dub – dub remix of 'Sing the Changes’
5 Equinox Instrumental – remix of Sun Is Shining
6 Sawain Ambient Acapella – remix of ‘Lifelong Passion’
7 Sawain Instrumental Dub – dub remix of ‘Lifelong Passion’
8 Nothing Too Much Just Out of Sight – promo edit, released in September 2008
9 Light from Your Lighthouse - extended remix
10 Sun Is Shining - instrumental remix
11 Dance 'Til We're High - extended remix

CD 3

1 Sing the Changes - music video (DVD - Hi-definition audio recordings), released as bonus track on Electric Arguments Deluxe
2-5 DVD - Multi-track session files, released as bonus track on Electric Arguments Deluxe
6 Sing The Changes - extended remix
7 Electro Dynamo Sherbet Sunrise Dubstep Remix - remix of ‘Highway’
8-17 Out of Sight - remix/rerecording of 'Nothing Too Much Out of Sight' by Sir Bob Cornelius Rifo, with new vocals added by Paul. Released as The Bloody Beetroots in Summer 2013.

peerke
PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2015 2:16 pm 

BACK IN THE WORLD – ULTIMATE ARCHIVE COLLECTION

CD 1

01 - Hello Goodbye – Back in the U.S.
02 - Jet – Back in the U.S.
03 - All My Loving – Back in the U.S.
04 - Getting Better – Back in the U.S.
05 - Coming Up – Back in the U.S.
06 - Let Me Roll It – Back in the U.S.
07 - Lonely Road – Back in the U.S.
08 - Driving Rain – Back in the U.S.
09 - Your Loving Flame – Back in the U.S.
10 - Blackbird – Back in the U.S.
11 - Every Night – Back in the U.S.
12 - We Can Work It Out – Back in the U.S.
13 - Mother Nature’s Son – Back in the U.S.
14 - Vanilla Sky – Back in the U.S.
15 - You Never Give Me Your Money / Carry That Weight – Back in the U.S.
16 - The Fool On The Hill – Back in the U.S.
17 - Here Today – Back in the U.S.
18 - Something – Back in the U.S.
19 - For You Blue - The Concert For George, November 29, 2002
20 - Something - The Concert For George, November 29, 2002
21 - All Things Must Pass - The Concert For George, November 29, 2002
22 - While My Guitar Gently Weeps - The Concert For George, November 29, 2002
23 - Hey Jude – Back In The World

CD 2
01 - Eleanor Rigby – Back in the U.S.
02 - Here , There And Everywhere – Back in the U.S.
03 - Calico Skies - Back In The World
04 - Michelle - Back In The World – Back in the U.S.
05 - Band On The Run – Back in the U.S.
06 - Back In The USSR – Back in the U.S.
07 - Maybe I’m Amazed – Back in the U.S.
08 - Let ‘Em In - Back In The World – Back in the U.S.
09 - C Moon - Back In The World
10 - My Love – Back in the U.S.
11 - She’s Leaving Home - Back In The World
12 - Can’t Buy Me Love – Back in the U.S.
13 - Freedom - Back In The World
14 - Live And Let Die – Back in the U.S.
15 - Let It Be – Back in the U.S.
16 - Hey Jude – Back in the U.S.
17 - The Long And Winding Road – Back in the U.S.
18 - Lady Madonna – Back in the U.S.
19 - I Saw Her Standing There – Back in the U.S.
20 - Yesterday – Back in the U.S.
21 - Sgt. Pepper’s / The End – Back in the U.S.
22 - Matchbox - Rehearsal – Best Buy DVD/The Legendary Songs Of Carl Perkins

meanmistermustard
PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2015 1:28 am 

Can someone tell me where and when the extended remix of Sing The Changes came out? I like my itunes organised with the notes filled in and its the only track i can find no details of online.

dave1dmarx
PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2015 2:10 am 

meanmistermustard wrote:
Can someone tell me where and when the extended remix of Sing The Changes came out? I like my itunes organised with the notes filled in and its the only track i can find no details of online.

That's cause it's a Voo-Doo Exclusive! If you read the notes I put up, I created Extended Remixes of Sing The Changes, Light From Your Lighthouse and Dance 'Til We're High by using the stems that came with the Deluxe Edition. I did this because I would have otherwise had about 20 minutes of blank space that I couldn't fill with anything else that was appropriate for this album. So I made the mixes!

meanmistermustard
PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2015 2:26 am 

I thought i had. :oops:

Sorry.

And thanks.

dave1dmarx
PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2015 2:29 am 

meanmistermustard wrote:
I thought i had. :oops:

Sorry.

And thanks.

No prob! Hey - didja see what's going on in the main Ultimate Archive Collection thread???? 8O

peerke
PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2015 11:29 am 

Additional info on the TWIN FREAKS - ULTIMATE ARCHIVE COLLECTION set:

CD 1

1-12 – Twin Freaks double vinyl album (and digital download), released on June 13, 2005. These are remixes of Paul McCartney songs, by Roy Kerr, a producer and DJ who goes by the name of The Freelance Hellraiser.
Some of these remixes were used as preshow entertainment for the 2004 McCartney tour. Paul liked his work so much that he decided to commission some more and release them as an album.
13 - Let 'Em In - Professor LaCroix re-edit – released in 2001 on a Mexican promo-cd: Wingspan: The Remixes.
14 & 15 - Silly Love Songs - Noir & Krusé remix – The extended mix and the edit are both released on a Danish promo cd-single, on July 5, 2005 on the Bonnier Music (part of the EMI Denmark Group). Apparently only 300 copies were made.
16 - Really Love You – radio-edit of the single from Twin Freaks, promo-cd released on May 19, 2005.

CD 2
1 - Let 'Em In - Different Gear Mix - UK 12" vinyl single: Wingin' It, released in May 2001.
2 - Goodnight Tonight - Loop Da Loop Club Mix – released on a Mexican promo cd: Wingspan: The Remixes, in May 2001.
3 - Silly Love Songs - Wings Vs. Loop Da Loop Radio Mix, released in Germany (EMI CDP 000587), Italy (EMI 7243 880073 6 8) and Japan on a 3-track promo cd: Silly Love Songs - the Remixes, in May 2001. In the UK it was realesed on a promo vinyl 12”, in 50 copies (Parlophone 12WINDJ002). On the b-side is track 4.
4 - Coming Up - Song For Stella - Linus Loves Mix – see track 3.
5 - Let 'Em In - Wing'it Mix – released on a UK 12" vinyl single: Wingin' It (Parlophone 12WINDJ001).
6 - No More Lonely Nights - JSM / Alessi Bros Mix – released on a Mexican promo cd: Wingspan: The Remixes, in May 2001.
7 - Silly Love Songs - Wings Vs. Loop Da Loop Main Mix – see 3
8 - Coming Up - Zak's Mix – see 5.
9 - Let 'Em In - Special Remix– released on a Mexican promo cd: Wingspan: The Remixes, in May 2001.
10 - Silly Love Songs - Artful Dodger Mix – see 3
11 - Temporary Secretary - Radio Slave Mix - remix by Matt Edwards, released on a promo 12", in December 2003, to promote a November 2003 compilation of electronic dance music New Religion presents A Secret History. Among the artists on the 11-track set was Paul’s ‘Temporary Secretary’, from the McCartney II album. Only 500 (numbered) copies of the one-sided promo disc were made.
12 - Temporary Secretary - Radio Slave Edit. Edit of the above, released on a free cd with the Uncut magazine titled Something For The Weekend – Paul McCartney’s Glastonbury Groove, in April 2005.
13 – 20 – intro’s from a European CD-Sampler promo for the Wingspan album (EMI/Parlophone CDLRL048), in addition to the regular versions.
The Spanish version comes with an additional booklet in Spanish.
The Japanese version has a extra track: 'No More Lonely Nights', without an introduction however.

With thanks to Dave for compiling these wonderfull sets.

dave1dmarx
PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2015 2:15 pm 

peerke wrote:
Additional info on the TWIN FREAKS - ULTIMATE ARCHIVE COLLECTION set:

CD 1

1-12 – Twin Freaks double vinyl album (and digital download), released on June 13, 2005. These are remixes of Paul McCartney songs, by Roy Kerr, a producer and DJ who goes by the name of The Freelance Hellraiser.
Some of these remixes were used as preshow entertainment for the 2004 McCartney tour. Paul liked his work so much that he decided to commission some more and release them as an album.
13 - Let 'Em In - Professor LaCroix re-edit – released in 2001 on a Mexican promo-cd: Wingspan: The Remixes.
14 & 15 - Silly Love Songs - Noir & Krusé remix – The extended mix and the edit are both released on a Danish promo cd-single, on July 5, 2005 on the Bonnier Music (part of the EMI Denmark Group). Apparently only 300 copies were made.
16 - Really Love You – radio-edit of the single from Twin Freaks, promo-cd released on May 19, 2005.

CD 2
1 - Let 'Em In - Different Gear Mix - UK 12" vinyl single: Wingin' It, released in May 2001.
2 - Goodnight Tonight - Loop Da Loop Club Mix – released on a Mexican promo cd: Wingspan: The Remixes, in May 2001.
3 - Silly Love Songs - Wings Vs. Loop Da Loop Radio Mix, released in Germany (EMI CDP 000587), Italy (EMI 7243 880073 6 8) and Japan on a 3-track promo cd: Silly Love Songs - the Remixes, in May 2001. In the UK it was realesed on a promo vinyl 12”, in 50 copies (Parlophone 12WINDJ002). On the b-side is track 4.
4 - Coming Up - Song For Stella - Linus Loves Mix – see track 3.
5 - Let 'Em In - Wing'it Mix – released on a UK 12" vinyl single: Wingin' It (Parlophone 12WINDJ001).
6 - No More Lonely Nights - JSM / Alessi Bros Mix – released on a Mexican promo cd: Wingspan: The Remixes, in May 2001.
7 - Silly Love Songs - Wings Vs. Loop Da Loop Main Mix – see 3
8 - Coming Up - Zak's Mix – see 5.
9 - Let 'Em In - Special Remix– released on a Mexican promo cd: Wingspan: The Remixes, in May 2001.
10 - Silly Love Songs - Artful Dodger Mix – see 3
11 - Temporary Secretary - Radio Slave Mix - remix by Matt Edwards, released on a promo 12", in December 2003, to promote a November 2003 compilation of electronic dance music New Religion presents A Secret History. Among the artists on the 11-track set was Paul’s ‘Temporary Secretary’, from the McCartney II album. Only 500 (numbered) copies of the one-sided promo disc were made.
12 - Temporary Secretary - Radio Slave Edit. Edit of the above, released on a free cd with the Uncut magazine titled Something For The Weekend – Paul McCartney’s Glastonbury Groove, in April 2005.
13 – 20 – intro’s from a European CD-Sampler promo for the Wingspan album (EMI/Parlophone CDLRL048), in addition to the regular versions.
The Spanish version comes with an additional booklet in Spanish.
The Japanese version has a extra track: 'No More Lonely Nights', without an introduction however.

With thanks to Dave for compiling these wonderfull sets.

Much thanks for your wonderful annotations. There was much that I learned about the genesis of the Wingspan remixes. Plus, I didn't realize the Noir & Kruse CD single was so limited. Bidding will start at $500-!! :wink:

aleksandermccartney
PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2015 9:12 pm 

Thanks for the details on this brilliant set! Could you make it to London Town, Back To The Egg, Press To Play, McGear and One Hand Clapping too? :)

peerke
PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2015 9:07 am 

aleksandermccartney wrote:
Thanks for the details on this brilliant set! Could you make it to London Town, Back To The Egg, Press To Play, McGear and One Hand Clapping too? :)

You're not asking much, do you. :)
I can not promise it will all be ready tomorrow, but they will come, one at the time.

aleksandermccartney
PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2015 10:48 am 

peerke wrote:
aleksandermccartney wrote:

You're not asking much, do you. :)
I can not promise it will all be ready tomorrow, but they will come, one at the time.

No need to hurry, take your time :good: Do it when you got time :)

peerke
PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2015 4:20 pm 

as requested:

LONDON TOWN – ULTIMATE ARCHIVE COLLECTION

CD 1

1-14 – London Town album, released on March 31, 1978 – produced by Paul McCartney

1 - London Town – recorded in March 1977, in Abbey Road Studios, London – written by Paul McCartney/Denny Laine.
2- Cafe on the Left Bank - recording started on May 2, 1977, in Mobile Studio Fair Carol, Virgin Islands, with overdubs added in November 1977
3 - I'm Carrying - recording started on May 5, 1977, in Mobile Studio Fair Carol, Virgin Islands, with strings added in December 1977
4 - Backwards Traveller - recorded in October 1977, in Abbey Road Studios, London
5 - Cuff Link - recorded in October 1977, in Abbey Road Studios, London
6 - Children Children– recorded in March 1977, in Abbey Road Studios, London – written by Paul McCartney/Denny Laine. Lead vocals by Denny.
7 – Girlfriend - recorded in October 1977, in Abbey Road Studios, London
8 - I've Had Enough - recording started in May, 1977, in Mobile Studio Fair Carol, Virgin Islands, with overdubs added in November 1977
9 - With a Little Luck - recording started on May 10, 1977, in Mobile Studio Fair Carol, Virgin Islands, with overdubs added in November 1977
10 - Famous Groupies - recording started on May 13, 1977, in Mobile Studio Fair Carol, Virgin Islands, with overdubs added in November 1977
11 - Deliver Your Children - recording started in May, 1977, in Mobile Studio Fair Carol, Virgin Islands, with overdubs added in November 1977 – written by Paul McCartney/Denny Laine.
12 - Name and Address – recorded in March 1977, in Abbey Road Studios, London
13 - Don't Let It Bring You Down - recording started on May 25, 1977, in Mobile Studio Fair Carol, Virgin Islands, with overdubs added in November 1977 – written by Paul McCartney/Denny Laine.
14 - Morse Moose and the Grey Goose - recording started in May, 1977, in Mobile Studio Fair Carol, Virgin Islands, with overdubs added in November 1977 – written by Paul McCartney/Denny Laine.

15 - Mull of Kintyre – recording started on August 9, 1977, outside on Pauls farm in Campbeltown, Scotland, with overdubs added in October 1977 – written by Paul McCartney/Denny Laine. Released as a single on November 11, 1977
16 - Girls' School – recorded in March 1977, in Abbey Road Studios, London. Released as b-side of ‘Mull of Kintyre'
17 - Did We Meet Somewhere Before – recorded in October 1977 in Abbey Road Studios, London as the main theme for Warren Beatty's film Heaven Can Wait. It was the first session with new Wings members Laurence Juber and former Elton John drummer Steve Holly. The song however was rejected and remains unreleased.
18 – Sugartime – recorded on June 20, 1977 in Black Art Studios Kingston, Jamaica, with producer Lee ‘Scratch’ Perry. A hit for The McGuire Sisters in 1958, written by Charlie Phillips/Odis Echols. Lead vocals by Linda McCartney. Overdubs added in August 1977 in Paul’s Rude Studios, Scotland. Released on Linda’s Wide Prairie, on October 26, 1998
19 - Mr. Sandman – The Chordettes number 1 hit from 1954 (written by Pat Ballard), here covered by Linda. See 18 for details.
20 - B-Side To Seaside – written by Paul and Linda McCartney, especially for the b-side from, well, ‘Seaside Woman’. Recorded by the McCartneys (without Wings) on March 16, 1977, in Abbey Road Studios, London
21 - Mull of Kintyre - instrumental studio demo, recorded in July 1977, in Rude Studio, Campbeltown, Scotland

CD 2

1-14 - According to Laurence Juber, Paul recorded a complete soundtrack to a planned Rupert the Bear animation movie in one day: July 5, 1978. He was assisted by Wings and the recordings happened in Pauls new studio Spirit of Rachanan, in Campbeltown, Scotland.
15 – Suicide –A song that Paul was playing with for years. He finally recorded a complete studio version in February 1977, with Wings. Intended as a demo for Frank Sinatra, who rejected it.
16 - Reggae Moon – studio demo, from February 1977, probably recorded at home in St. Johns Wood, London
17 - Backwards Traveller - studio demo, from July 1977, recorded in Rude Studio, Campbeltown, Scotland.
18 - S.M.A. – Linda’s daughter Heather was into punk. She sings the ingredients list from a bottle of baby formula, while Dad bashes away at the drums and offers Ramones-style count-ins to each verse. Recorded sometime in the Summer of 1978.
19 - I Keep On Believing - a.k.a. ‘I Can't Write Another Song’ – demo from around August 1979
20 - I'm Carrying – rough mix of the studio version.
21-24 US promo edits

Last edited by peerke on Wed Jul 29, 2015 3:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

peerke
PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2015 1:03 pm 

BACK TO THE EGG – ULTIMATE ARCHIVE COLLECTION

1-14 – The final Wings album Back To the Egg, released on Mei 24, 1979.

1 – Reception – recorded in Lympne Castle, Kent, in September 1978, with the lady of the house, Dierdre Margary, reciting the nursery rhyme ‘The Poodle And The Pug’.
2 - Getting Closer – recorded in Abbey Road Studios, London, in October 1978, with overdubs added in March 1979.
3 - We're Open Tonight – recorded in Lympne Castle, Kent, in September 1978
4 - Spin It On – recorded in Spirit of Rachanan, Campbeltown, Scotland, on June 23, 1978
5 - Again and Again and Again – written by Denny Laine, who also sings lead. Recorded in July 1978, in Spirit of Rachanan
6 - Old Siam, Sir - recorded in July 1978, in Spirit of Rachanan, with overdubs added in October 1978
7 - Arrow Through Me - recorded in July 1978, in Spirit of Rachanan, with overdubs added in Autumn 1978
8 - Rockestra Theme – recorded in Abbey Road Studios, with the Rockestra, on October 3, 1978 with overdubs added the next day, plus in January 1979. “Well now, why haven't I had any dinner?”
9 - To You - recorded on June 29, 1978, in Spirit of Rachanan
10 - After the Ball/Million Miles – recorded in Lympne Castle, Kent, in September 1978
11 - Winter Rose/Love Awake - recorded in July 1978, in Spirit of Rachanan, with overdubs added in September 1978
12 - The Broadcast – recorded in Lympne Castle, Kent, in September 1978, with the help of the owner of the castle, Harold Margary, reciting fragments of Ian Hay’s ‘The Sport Of Kings’ and John Galsworthy’s ‘The Little Man’.
13 - So Glad to See You Here – see track 8
14 - Baby's Request – written for The Mills Brothers, who wanted money to record it. So Paul recorded it himself, in October 1978, in Abbey Road Studios, London.

15 – Reception - long version – see track 1
16 – Cage – outtake from the Back to the Egg sessions, recorded in July 1978 in Spirit of Rachanan.
17 - Goodnight Tonight - recorded by Paul solo in January 1978 in Spirit of Ranachan Studio, Campbeltown, with the guitarsolo added by Laurence Juber in January 1979. Released as a 12” single on March 23, 1979
18 - Daytime Nighttime Suffering – written especially as the b-side of ‘Goodnight Tonight’. Recorded in January 1979 in MPL Replica Studio, London (in the basement of Paul’s MPL office on Soho Square).
19 - Weep For Love - outtake from the Back to the Egg sessions, written by Denny Laine, who also sings lead. Recorded in September 1978 in Lympne Castle, Kent.
20 - Robber's Ball – written and recorded especially for the Cold Cuts compilation. Recorded in September 1978 in Lympne Castle, Kent
21 – Maisie – instrumental, written by Laurence Juber. Recorded in July 1978 in Spirit of Rachanan.
22 - Same Time Next Year – 1985 - remix with added backing vocals by Eric Stewart, released as b-side to 'Put It There', in February 1990.
23 - Goodnight Tonight - single edit for the 7” single.
24 - Same Time Next Year – written as titlesong for the movie. Recorded with Wings in the RAK Studio, London, in a single day: May 5, 1978. As the director decided that the song gave away too much of the plot, Paul remixed it for the Cold Cuts compilation.

Edit: Same Time Next Year corrected

Last edited by peerke on Wed Oct 07, 2015 5:35 am, edited 2 times in total.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 583 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 24  Next