InnerLight
 Post subject: Re: Lady Madonna & Hey Bulldog - TMOQ HMC DVD
PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2017 7:55 pm 

pls reup :D

/s

Darth Parrox
PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2017 8:39 pm 

Like all HMC, no one is allowed to share, they aren't anywhere where we live, any place found on the internet they are either over priced or someone tries to steal credit card information. I think we have to wait for a year till all the material is swiped by a cheaper label? Or someone recompiles these in a different order as a different release/share? I don't know. I usually call the HMC material as 'nothing is real' until more accessible. I could understand it if more of the material was new, but I can compile the new material with my own material on my own. And then to sift away the 5.1 surround sound tracks trickery of some of the releases. I'm sure sharing it on this site is barely denting 1 or 2% of the 'sales' when there is no honest site with a reasonable price. Not to mention every disc format will be phased out by 2025 other than bluray. The industry claims selling 10 - 12 cent discs at $20 is not as profitable as it used to be. The shift in 2020 will be to make people pay 'rent' for downloadable content on the cloud. RIAA and MPAA are anxious to 'accidentally lose/erase' illegal content cloud based at unknown times and dates. Never trust 'internet storage' save your material as two copies - on m-disc and microSD - thus if you lose one back-up you have another. New bluray players will detect non-purchased material too and 'accidentally' do damage to discs.

robbmacc
PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2017 9:51 pm 

InnerLight--it hasn't even been "upped" yet, and isn't even out for sale...and on this site, at least, it won't be upped for at least 6 months...

Darth--I understand some of what you are saying, but the choice (on this site, at least) doesn't seem to be that difficult:
1. Purchase now
2. Wait six months to a year, and get it free

The InterTel promos set was something that was released here for free recently--I was happy to wait.

The Hey Jude / Revolution set was something I wanted. I sought it out, bought it, and am happy.

csnyfan
PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2017 9:59 pm 

/s = sarcasm :P

Moggical Mystery Tour Revisited
additions and upgrades to HelterSkelter's original

beatradio1
PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2017 12:40 am 

We must wait at least 15 years and then we can share it

/s

:hap: :D

Darth Parrox
PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2017 6:09 am 

I've had most all the promo films in excellent shape from a source tape for years. The outtakes are the only bits I need. There's no place to buy HMC so till it circulates, so till then it's just fiction. What is a two sided Lady Madonna acetate worth now of days anyway? Not sure if it's mono or stereo, most I know is it has the count in on one side but not on the other. I actually got $6,000 for it to get remodeling done. Some people told me it was worth more and some said less. Also does anyone notice acetate records over time get a weird odor to them? Maybe just certain ones from certain labels? Like the Cyrkle - Red Rubber Ball acetate smelled like oil, like generic toys from China. lol

RMW
PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2017 6:48 am 

Darth, acetates always had an unique, oily smell to them. But this far in the future from when they were manufactured, that oil they're made of is starting to break down chemically. At some point, they will become unplayable. So I hope you've got them transferred already!

salvita
PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2017 11:57 am 

I Downloaded a year ago the Revolver TV Lady Madonna.

Version 1 Begins with red coat Ringo and ends with John and Paul finishing vocal take (BEAT CLUB)

Version 2 Begins with Ringo playing the drums and ends with Ringo leaving studio (1+)

mikecarrera03
PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2017 4:55 pm 

salvita wrote:
I Downloaded a year ago the Revolver TV Lady Madonna.

Version 1 Begins with red coat Ringo and ends with John and Paul finishing vocal take (BEAT CLUB)

Version 2 Begins with Ringo playing the drums and ends with Ringo leaving studio (1+)

and a THIRD version also exist.

salvita
PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2017 7:07 pm 

Wow, really? or it´s the one from anthology?

fabrice
PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2017 9:38 pm 

I understand what you're saying Darth , way back when , if you lived in Europe , Vigotone titles sounded unreal : you would only read about them in Hot Wacks and wonder if they actually existed , never saw the color of one until my 1st trip to the USA ! but now with Discogs , you do find sellers on every continent for HMC titles...no Discogs 25 years back when I would put 50 bucks cash in an enveloppe , send it to Japan and pray ! it really isn't so hard these days , is it ? plus , yes , everything will eventually turn out for free sooner or later...

Darth Parrox
PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2017 3:41 pm 

Had credit card info theft on discogs, and if it's overpriced I let it for those who enjoy being ripped off. If I want rip off prices I'd buy the official releases and get ripped off. LOL.

ghosthost
PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2017 4:25 pm 

It's been said before and it will be said again:

HMC is the only label actively pursuing the acquisition and release of NEW, UNSEEN material. If you want to see that continue, you need to support the label by buying their product. Plain and simple.

Furthermore, the word has gone out that at least ONE major "pirate" label has agreed to cease the piracy of HMC titles and instead RESELL OFFICIAL HMC PRODUCT. This is BIG news and should make these titles much easier to acquire for those who wish to do so.

Darth Parrox
PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2017 8:11 pm 

And it can easily also be said - you can't buy it if there is no way for you to buy it. It might as well be fiction until it's really available to people.
Seriously, if someone sold discs at the reasonable price of like $15 they would sell a lot, make a lot, and be as reasonable as official releases used to be 10 years ago, if you consider getting ripped off with $15 for a 5 cent disc reasonable, you still have the concept of where on the internet to buy that a credit card does not get ripped off. I am not a fan of someone from discogs attempting to swipe $650 from my account, or Paypal ripping me off $2,000.... no one has yet to show me a safe site to find HMC on.
And my amounts are a bit off, yes I know you got a dvd/cd set, but what I been trying to say is there.

Darth Parrox
PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2017 8:16 pm 

Also, there are other people with material from several groups that are sitting on their material, not just HMC, and one of the main reasons new labels are not out there like they used to be is because of the rapid changes in media formats these recent years and the weak security issues of internet transactions, similar to as I have discussed.

maxwelledisonrecords
PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2017 10:21 pm 

Quote:
Had credit card info theft on discogs

Darth, that's why you don't order off Discogs from sellers who don't have excellent feedback. And if they do have excellent feedback, but you have problems with your order, you contact the seller right away. It's a lot like eBay--those sellers' businesses thrive on positive feedback and will do what it takes to set things right. And if you *still* have problems, call your credit card company and dispute the charge! It's pretty easy. There's a lots of protections for you. You need to use them.

I just looked and some of the HMC sellers have thousands of positive reviews. One only has 19 reviews. You probably shouldn't order from the one with just 19 reviews.

There's always a risk with using eBay or Discogs and the like, but 99.9% of the time, it's always made right for the buyer.

Quote:
And it can easily also be said - you can't buy it if there is no way for you to buy it. It might as well be fiction until it's really available to people.

I'm not sure what you mean here. There are literally multiple sellers on Discogs for every HMC title. And they're regularly listed on eBay, too.

Quote:
I am not a fan of someone from discogs attempting to swipe $650 from my account, or Paypal ripping me off $2,000.... no one has yet to show me a safe site to find HMC on.

It's probably not a good idea to drop $650 or $2000 with one seller without having bought with them before. Regardless, credit card companies and Paypal are usually very good with working with buyers. It's almost always the seller who gets screwed on these things. You really ought to reach out to Paypal and your credit companies on your issues if it's genuinely their fault and not yours.

I personally have bought hundreds of items off of Discogs and eBay and have maybe had two bad transactions. In fact, the last time I bought from Discogs and had a "bad" transaction, I bought a used out-of-print 2-DVD set. One of the DVDs the seller sent was the wrong one (which was OK, because I was actually more concerned with the content on the disc that I did receive). I contacted the seller and offered to send back the erroneous disc in exchange for the correct one, and the seller just outright refunded the whole transaction and said, "Keep it. No need to send anything back."

I think you'll find that that's a way more typical situation than to get ripped off for $2K.

EdinSC
PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2017 10:36 pm 

:bounce:

EdinSC
PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2017 10:41 pm 

GLCompany, GLCompany, HI, if by any chance you posted the "Lady Madonna /Hey Bulldog" DVD, I would love to have the link. Thanks, a poor boy

robbmacc
PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2017 12:33 am 

Um, EdinSC, please read through the posts. There's only one page.

It's not even out yet (at least to most distributors) and won't be available for free for some time. 6 months; a year.

Stuart
PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2017 8:42 am 

Spoiler:
https://www.collectorsmusicreviews.com/beatles/news-of-the-new-hmc-release/

GLCompany
PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2017 9:03 am 

EdinSC wrote:
GLCompany, GLCompany, HI, if by any chance you posted the "Lady Madonna /Hey Bulldog" DVD, I would love to have the link. Thanks, a poor boy

I haven't even got my copy yet .....

dave1dmarx
PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2017 6:32 pm 

ghosthost wrote:
It's been said before and it will be said again:

HMC is the only label actively pursuing the acquisition and release of NEW, UNSEEN material. If you want to see that continue, you need to support the label by buying their product. Plain and simple.

Furthermore, the word has gone out that at least ONE major "pirate" label has agreed to cease the piracy of HMC titles and instead RESELL OFFICIAL HMC PRODUCT. This is BIG news and should make these titles much easier to acquire for those who wish to do so.

This board needs a 'LIKE' button!! :good:

DaveyLane
PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2017 2:59 pm 

I've seen a trailer in the last few days with YET more glimpses of unseen stuff that these guys are sitting on. I get that they need our financial support to keep things going - which is absolutely fine by me.

The thing that I don't get is that these guys have access to footage that they're letting out in dribs and drabs at a time. The unfortunate fact is that in 20, even 10 years, there ain't gonna be nearly as many of us and as much interest in this footage as there are now. Sad but true.

I'm all for HMC DVD's but surely there's enough of us nuts out there who'd be willing to shell out extra to see the footage that these guys are sitting on. Young independent bands, film-makers, inventors etc nowadays use crowdfunding as a way to raising the necessary money to see a project to fruition. I did it a couple of years ago and raised money from fans of my music to get my record made. In return I offered different levels of rewards, so it's basically just a different way of pre-ordering - you pledge more, you get more stuff, simple.

Why can't this model work for these guys? A bunch of us can be signed up, and whenever they say "hey, we've just found someone who has that missing Thank Your Lucky Stars footage - we need x amount of dollars to get it" we'll be here to contribute towards seeing it - basically, preorder the footage. There's any number of ways they can package it - digital download, DVD, deluxe box set etc.

I mean no disrespect to these guys, but it's not right to dangle the carrot in front of us, almost threatening that we may never see the mother lode of stuff they're sitting on if we don't cough up. Not forgetting, someone somewhere stole this footage to start with. But hey, if these guys need the money, that's fine by me, take my bloody money already! :bounce:

There are just smarter ways of doing it is all.

Last edited by DaveyLane on Fri Mar 03, 2017 12:05 am, edited 1 time in total.

csnyfan
PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2017 3:54 pm 

I assume they're not crowdfunding because they don't have the rights to distribute the material they acquire. But it would be a very nice scheme to move to flexible crowdfunding, especially considering how outdated DVDs are these days.

Moggical Mystery Tour Revisited
additions and upgrades to HelterSkelter's original