BootlegZone

Made for and by bootleg lovers
It is currently Thu Aug 13, 2020 6:56 pm

All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 687 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 24, 25, 26, 27, 28
dave1dmarx
 Post subject: Re: what's on PAUL McCARTNEY - ULTIMATE ARCHIVE COLLECTION?
PostPosted: Mon Nov 25, 2019 9:37 am 

peerke wrote:
Cry For A Shadow wrote:
DJ Chris Holmes' Nothing For Free Remix
Home Tonight and In A Hurry should be included

My guess is that if and when Dave will make this Voodoo comp of Egypt Station, the two tracks from the BBC The Piano Room will be replaced by the two tracks from the November 2019 Record Store Day single.

That's a great idea, but as the UAC for Egypt Station is finished, I will be adding the new tracks (along with the remixes of Nothing For Free) on the Grand Central 2-disc set.

Paploo
PostPosted: Mon Nov 25, 2019 6:10 pm 

peerke wrote:
As Dave has posted the tracklist for EGYPT STATION - Ultimate Archive Collection, I was requested to add my liner notes.
So, here they are.

Egypt Station...

Thanks, peerke! I appreciate you fulfilling the request. I am "playing the Ultimate Archive Collection home game" by comparing the released version versus "Dave"'s creations, and your breakdown of each album has really helped. The comparison is for my personal consumption (I don't have any plans to publish this without yours and "Dave"'s consent).

Kevin211
PostPosted: Mon Nov 25, 2019 7:03 pm 

I am very much looking forward to the Ultimate edition of Egypt Station. I was not willing to shell out the cash for the Explorer's Edition for a few extra tracks. It is exceedingly annoying how the record companies do this. I begrudgingly bought the New boxed set in 2014 but decided that I was not going to do it this time around. Just got done uploading all of the previous Ultimate Archive editions to my music library and am ready to dig in. Excellent stuff!

RAJ
PostPosted: Sat Mar 14, 2020 6:01 am 

Anyone able to share "In Liverpool" from this set? My download of the set went bye bye some time ago...

Mr.P
PostPosted: Sun Mar 15, 2020 1:16 am 

RAJ wrote:
Anyone able to share "In Liverpool" from this set? My download of the set went bye bye some time ago...

i would be happy to help you out if i can but i have no recall of a release called "In Liverpool"

beatlesondvd
PostPosted: Sun Mar 15, 2020 9:57 am 

It's a dub of that song.

bsizzy_24
PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2020 2:33 pm 

Hopefully with all this quarantine madness going on, I hope everyone is ok and staying safe.
With this in mind, I whipped up something for you guys. :)

A huge thanks goes to Dave for supplying these deluxe editions :good: and thus has inspired me to come up with some things on my own... I've been working on almost every Paul release up to Off The Ground thus far about a few months ago, and I thought i would present some rough fine tuning with my version of a Band On The Run deluxe edition... This is a 6 (!!) disc set, which includes both original and the DTS mix of the album, plus the 25th Anniversary radio program, PLUS the One Hand Clapping/Backyard Tape and a 6th bonus disc of random BOTR goodies... and finally, a PDF of the book that came out in 2010, so you can read along as you listen. The only tracks I omitted from Dave's set are the Linda tracks, promo edits and the redundant alternate mixes of Zoo Gang... because I honestly find them non essential to the Maccas catalogue, but they might appear in a future set... tentatively titled "If You Wanna (Have Everything Else)" :wobble:

Happy listening and reading!
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1Pt2Oc ... Byo0xFftJs

bootfan076
PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2020 10:13 pm 

Looking forward to giving this a listen. Thank you

Paploo
PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2020 10:42 pm 

bsizzy_24 wrote:
Hopefully with all this quarantine madness going on, I hope everyone is ok and staying safe.

A huge thanks goes to Dave for supplying these deluxe editions :good: and thus has inspired me to come up with some things on my own... I've been working on almost every Paul release up to Off The Ground thus far about a few months ago, and I thought i would present some rough fine tuning with my version of a Band On The Run deluxe edition... This is a 6 (!!) disc set, which includes both original and the DTS mix of the album, plus the 25th Anniversary radio program, PLUS the One Hand Clapping/Backyard Tape and a 6th bonus disc of random BOTR goodies... and finally, a PDF of the book that came out in 2010, so you can read along as you listen. The only tracks I omitted from Dave's set are the Linda tracks, promo edits and the redundant alternate mixes of Zoo Gang... because I honestly find them non essential to the Maccas catalogue, but they might appear in a future set... tentatively titled "If You Wanna (Have Everything Else)" :wobble:

I liked the book and the artwork. But the one thing I would have added (and this is more a criticism to MPL than to you, Bsizzy) was the bits left off of the Paul McCartney Collection booklets in the Archive Books. Mainly, the lyrics and notes (and also from All The Best!). I mean, if the CDs from 1988 and 1993 are now out of print, and the lyrics had been distributed then, then why not now?

But thank you for doing what you have done. I look forward to listening to this.

Last edited by Paploo on Mon Apr 13, 2020 5:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

bsizzy_24
PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2020 3:52 am 

Paploo wrote:
bsizzy_24 wrote:

I liked the book and the artwork. But the one thing I would have added (and this is more a criticism to MPL than to you, Busily) was the bits left off of the Paul McCartney Collection booklets in the Archive Books. Mainly, the lyrics and notes (and also from All The Best!). I mean, if the CDs from 1988 and 1993 are now out of print, and the lyrics had been distributed then, then why not now?

But thank you for doing what you have done. I look forward to listening to this.

True, I very much agree... and this is the thing that frustrates me. If the content is only on version "x, then why not add it to "y" and/or "z"?! Sheer inconsistency from his company, and this is coming from a "hardcore" fan! :/

emptyspotlight
PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2020 8:18 am 

Is the Egypt Station UAC out yet or not?

peerke
PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2020 10:24 am 

emptyspotlight wrote:
Is the Egypt Station UAC out yet or not?

It is. But only for those who want to pay for it.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 687 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 24, 25, 26, 27, 28