BootlegZone

Made for and by bootleg lovers
It is currently Tue Feb 19, 2019 4:56 am

All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 80 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
ken99
 Post subject: Bad trader: PETERCHECKSFIELD
PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2007 4:00 pm 

Bad trader: PETERCHECKSFIELD

This guy claims to have sent my dics twice.

It seems that he has a problem with a few traders here. The discs that he sends never arrive and it is always the postal service to blame. That seems a bit fishy.

I suggest that Peter Checksfield from the UK is a thief.

I have thousands of bootlegs from all over the world. I have been trading for 7 years and this is the first person who has ever ripped me off.

Shame on you Peter. :no:

later,
ken99

javilu
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2007 4:45 pm 

Well, sadly I have to agree.
When I contacted Peter for a trade we agreed on a 10 disc exchange.
I told him that I was sending his discs through registered mail and strongly encouraged him to do the same, since Argentinean mail can be a pandora's box when it came to packages.
He refused and said that registered mail was too expensive (amazing he thinks that way considering he's getting 10 ultra rare discs) so that he wouldn't lay a couple extra punds more to make sure the dvds arrive to their destiny.
I said ok, still I'm sending registered but I will not send until your dvds arrive.
He sent his dvds and then told me we never agreed on that though I had the email to prove I told him so. Good thing I didn't send them.
His dvds never arrived so I never sent his and finally gave them away.
When he finally realized the dvds he sent where not arriving he refused to send them again telling me he never had any problem sending throughout the world the cheapest way. He didn't have a tracking number so there was nothing to do.
And that's not all, he even put me on the bad traders list at jpgr! Unbelievable! Good thing lots of my best traders-friends jumped to defend me saying that I was a very honest and reliable trader.
Well, I wouldn't recommend trading with this guy, unless you want a headache.

Javier

peterchecksfield
 Post subject: Re: Bad trader: PETERCHECKSFIELD
PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2007 4:56 pm 

ken99 wrote:
Bad trader: PETERCHECKSFIELD

This guy claims to have sent my dics twice.

It seems that he has a problem with a few traders here. The discs that he sends never arrive and it is always the postal service to blame. That seems a bit fishy.

I suggest that Peter Checksfield from the UK is a thief.

I have thousands of bootlegs from all over the world. I have been trading for 7 years and this is the first person who has ever ripped me off.

Shame on you Peter. :no:

later,
ken99

And I suggest you're a liar. I sent these twice, & I can't believe that they'd get "lost" in Canada two times. I've sent discs to places like Australia & the USA within recent weeks & they've always arrived safely within 4 or 5 days.

I'd like to know who the "few" traders who've never received discs from me are....

Javilu is someone trust, & I believe him when he says they got lost (the South American countries are notorious for that & I refuse to trade in those countries now), but not you... :?

Last edited by peterchecksfield on Mon Jun 25, 2007 5:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

peterchecksfield
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2007 5:42 pm 

I haven't traded with many people on here, but names off the top of my head are:

murrays15

starshyne

child_of_nature

steve mcguirk

I'll add others if / when I think of them, but I'm sure these people will vouch for my reliability.

Starshyne
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2007 6:35 pm 

I feel badly for those of you who have traded with Peter and haven't gotten your discs. I know that honestly sucks and is extremely discouaging.

I have trade with both Peter and Ken99. I found Peter's trade to be great. It was a fast and easy trade and I hope to trade again with Peter in the future. I would recommend trading with him to anyone. The same goes for Ken99. I had a great trade recently with him and I don't believe he is a liar. Maybe there is some miscoummication going on or just really bad postal service.....I don't know.

Good luck!

Sara

peterchecksfield
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2007 6:44 pm 

Thank you, Sara, maybe it really is a bad postal service, but when I asked Ken to check things at his end the result was this thread.

I refuse to pay the extra for registered postage in any trades (often about five times the normal postage), especially when discs are so cheap these days. Instead when people don't receive things I just redo / resend them (it's still usually cheaper), just as I did with Ken.

ken99
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2007 6:53 pm 

Hi,

Ok Peter, I will take your word for it. Perhaps the postal service or the airlines actually did lose both packages. There is always that possibility.
I apologize for calling you a thief. That was wrong. I don't blame you for being upset with me.

The trade is over. Lets move on. It is only one trade. Perhaps I jumped on you too fast. I was upset by your PM to me. I never requested that you send the shows a 3rd time and that upset me.

There are times when one must send registered mail. I usually do to SA countries etc.

Anyway, sorry for any trouble I may have caused you or anyone else.

later,
ken99

peterchecksfield
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2007 7:10 pm 

ken99 wrote:
Hi,

Ok Peter, I will take your word for it. Perhaps the postal service or the airlines actually did lose both packages. There is always that possibility.
I apologize for calling you a thief. That was wrong. I don't blame you for being upset with me.

The trade is over. Lets move on. It is only one trade. Perhaps I jumped on you too fast. I was upset by your PM to me. I never requested that you send the shows a 3rd time and that upset me.

There are times when one must send registered mail. I usually do to SA countries etc.

Anyway, sorry for any trouble I may have caused you or anyone else.

later,
ken99

OK Ken, no problem. I guess I was a little "off" in my PM too, but I'm just angered that the package has gone missing twice. If it (or they) turns up please let me know, but otherwise I agree - let's move on. I think other people who've traded with both of us know we're honest.

stephsbear
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2007 7:59 pm 

well, in no way negative towards Peter, who I think is a great guy (seriously) - I would severely doubt he would ever rip anybody off. But my wife is a book reviewer, has her own website, etc etc. Some of the publishers are reluctant to send books directly to her reviewers (she has I think about 10), and so, as a result we mail a good dozen books a week.

Now, I have no knowledge of the US Postal Service vs other countries, but I suppose a government bureaucracy is a government bureaucracy, wherever you go. My point is that we ALWAYS send everything with what they call "delivery confirmation", which is like the lowest level of registered/certified mail - they were "losing" a good 10% of what was mailed before we started that, now they lose nothing.

Just my personal experience - in a trade, the postage is more costly than the discs, but then again, you could say 10 discs are worth $150. I feel, at least within the same country, that it's really worth it, just to make your package stand out.

javilu
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2007 8:12 pm 

In this case I think if Peter recieved ken's dvds and ken did not recieve anything because of peter sending through the cheapest mail, would it be fair that peter sends ken the dvds again but by registered mail to make sure the package won't get lost again? if you send through registered mail you get a tracking number. If the package arrives safely it is easy to know it. if it doesn't, you can ask the post office for a compensation. Anyway I think it is unfair that if ken took the time to burn the discs and spent his money on registered mail he should end up with nothing because peter didn't want to spend a few extra bucks. Well, just my point of view.
Javier

peterchecksfield
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2007 8:53 pm 

javilu wrote:
In this case I think if Peter recieved ken's dvds and ken did not recieve anything because of peter sending through the cheapest mail, would it be fair that peter sends ken the dvds again but by registered mail to make sure the package won't get lost again? if you send through registered mail you get a tracking number. If the package arrives safely it is easy to know it. if it doesn't, you can ask the post office for a compensation. Anyway I think it is unfair that if ken took the time to burn the discs and spent his money on registered mail he should end up with nothing because peter didn't want to spend a few extra bucks. Well, just my point of view.
Javier

I sent them twice to a "safe" country, so that's the end of it. And anyway, his discs weren't sent to me by registered mail either (not that I expect anyone to).

I've sent literally 100's of packages overseas in nearly 30 years of trading, & only a small handful have gone missing. So it's not worth spending at least 300% the price of "normal" postage on, & I just don't trade with "unsafe" countries anymore.

murrays15
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2007 6:58 pm 

HEY>>>>>>>>

I SENT A VERY LARGE PACKAGE TO CANADA IN APRIL AND FROM WHAT I KNOW>>>>>

IT HAS NOT MADE IT TO THE PLACE I SENT IT........... OMG CANADA POSTAL SUCKS.......... I HAVE TRADED WITH TONS OF USER IN CANADA AND THE PACKAGES EITHER GET LOST OR DONT END UP GETTING THERE FOR 5 WEEKS

i think canada postal service hates all countries ........

my opinion........

But, yeah..... peters trade was fast and great and most likely the discs he has sent to canada are just held up in customs....

i now use insurances and tracking numbers for packages going to canada and france as there systems suck

murray

ringosshed
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2007 8:00 pm 

I have not traded with Peter but he is a valuable contributor to the forums.
He doesn't seem to be someone who would be ripping people off. The ones that do that usual disappear quickly. I am sending 3 discs to Canada this week will post if there is a problem. From the US I believe you still need a customs form. Incidentally, I put data discs on the description of what is in the package.

peterchecksfield
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2007 9:22 pm 

murrays15 wrote:
HEY>>>>>>>>

I SENT A VERY LARGE PACKAGE TO CANADA IN APRIL AND FROM WHAT I KNOW>>>>>

IT HAS NOT MADE IT TO THE PLACE I SENT IT........... OMG CANADA POSTAL SUCKS.......... I HAVE TRADED WITH TONS OF USER IN CANADA AND THE PACKAGES EITHER GET LOST OR DONT END UP GETTING THERE FOR 5 WEEKS

i think canada postal service hates all countries ........

my opinion........

But, yeah..... peters trade was fast and great and most likely the discs he has sent to canada are just held up in customs....

i now use insurances and tracking numbers for packages going to canada and france as there systems suck

murray

Thank you Murray. I've actually been trading with a collector in Ontario for about 20 years (sending dozens of packages), & they've always arrived within 4-5 days, but maybe I've just been lucky, & I admit I haven't traded with many other people in Canada.

I agree that the postal service in France sucks big time, & also Holland seems to vary greatly. The best countries to me (from the U.K.) seems to be Sweden & Norway, with packages nearly always arriving within 2 days. Denmark, Austria & Germany are very good too, & further afield I rarely have problems with Australia or the USA.

peterchecksfield
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2007 9:23 pm 

ringosshed wrote:
He doesn't seem to be someone who would be ripping people off. The ones that do that usual disappear quickly. I am sending 3 discs to Canada this week will post if there is a problem. From the US I believe you still need a customs form. Incidentally, I put data discs on the description of what is in the package.

Thank you Ringoshed, & you're probably right, the REAL crooks don't stick around on the forums for long!

steve23yh
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2007 10:01 pm 

peterchecksfield wrote:
ringosshed wrote:

Thank you Ringoshed, & you're probably right, the REAL crooks don't stick around on the forums for long!

Totally agree with Ringosshed. Peter's one of the most active contributors on BZ - none of the shady types who do appear out of the cobwebs every once in a while do anything constructive around the place.

I had a trade go awry in South America and had to resend (it did make it, second time, registered). I thought it best to add a "rule" to the top of my profile saying that for any trades to South America I'd expect an additional couple of CDs just to cover the extra postage. Looking at some of the traders on eBay, South America plus Pakistan seem to be the really tricky areas.

Canada! Ouch!!

grigterby
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2007 1:42 am 

steve23yh wrote:
I had a trade go awry in South America and had to resend (it did make it, second time, registered).
[snip]
Looking at some of the traders on eBay, South America plus Pakistan seem to be the really tricky areas.

As long as you send registered, there would be no problem.
I live in Argentina, and your comparison is really offensive.
Our Customs clerks may be thieves...but not Pakistanis.

Gustavo

stephsbear
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2007 2:26 am 

I am an Argentinian Pakistani postal worker thief, and I am offended by all your comments.

peterchecksfield
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2007 8:15 am 

stephsbear wrote:
I am an Argentinian Pakistani postal worker thief, and I am offended by all your comments.
:lol:

steve23yh
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2007 9:24 am 

stephsbear wrote:

Oh no! I'm really sorry - tell you what, I'll send a card in the post!!

steve23yh
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2007 12:19 pm 

grigterby wrote:
steve23yh wrote:
I had a trade go awry in South America and had to resend (it did make it, second time, registered).
[snip]
Looking at some of the traders on eBay, South America plus Pakistan seem to be the really tricky areas.

Gustavo

Don't be so sensitive Gustavo. No insults aimed at SA (and certainly none aimed at Pakistan). Purely reporting personal experience (and observations from others' mailing notes).

stephsbear
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2007 7:13 pm 

well, let's not confine our complaints to any one country's mail service - here is my standard thing when I trade with someone (details changed to protect the innocent) - this is all true:

me
617 my street
HC 92 Box 16A
anytown, usa 12345

double address is very important - my house and street don't exist according to the post office, however, if they can't fit it in my box on the road (the HC part), then the box on the road doesn't exist, but now my house does. Then I go to the post office where you can't mail things to get the package. I will, of course, be mailing yours from the post office where you can't get mail.

The post office has mystical metaphysical powers, as you know.

javilu
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2007 7:55 pm 

I agree with Gustavo.
BTW, are there any traders in Pakistan?

grigterby wrote:
steve23yh wrote:
[snip]

Gustavo

Macca
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2007 8:07 pm 

I find that a bit like racism, "may be thieves...but not Pakistanis"? :no:

//McKenzie

javilu
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2007 9:57 pm 

Why on earth would a pakistani want to steal Beatles Bootlegs dvds?
Beatles are infidels and deserve to die, and so those who listen to their crusade music and watch their dvds I suppose.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 80 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next