BootlegZone

Made for and by bootleg lovers
It is currently Tue Feb 19, 2019 4:21 am

All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]

Buddy
 Post subject: [BAD TRADER] - MACCAMAN - Brazil
PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2008 6:57 am 

MACCAMAN didn't fulfill his part of the trade. I've send a 15 dvd package to Raphael in March (!) and never received anything in return. One time I received a message back, but on most of my messages I didn't get a reply. Although he received my discs savely, he left no rating until today. He's out of trading since few weeks but he has been visiting the bz website recently - last on May, 20th. The lack of communication disappoints me the most. I can't recommend anyone trading with raphael. :x

Last edited by Buddy on Mon Aug 04, 2008 8:19 am, edited 1 time in total.

Buddy
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2008 8:17 am 

UPDATE August 4th 2008:
He was online on August 3rd, 2008 but there is still nothing. :no:
This trader has ignored emails I sent to him and has not sent the discs we agreed he would.Beware of dealing with this guy! :x

ringosshed
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2008 8:56 am 

Dang. We havn't had any bad tradres here for awhile. Maybe he'll come to his senses.

peterchecksfield
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2008 11:45 am 

Was this the first time you traded with him? If so, sending 15 DVDs was perhaps a bit unwise...

Buddy
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2008 12:40 pm 

peterchecksfield wrote:
Was this the first time you traded with him? If so, sending 15 DVDs was perhaps a bit unwise...

Yes, it was the first time to trade with maccaman. But was it really unwise?
He has got many good ratings in the past. 8O

MisterMan71
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2008 10:42 pm 

Call me jaded, suspicious, paranoid, whatever, but I wouldn't send Jesus Christ himself 15 DVD's unless he sent first (sorry, Jesus. I'm sure you're a stand up guy and all), and I sure as hell wouldn't do it for someone I've never traded with before :no: 8O ! A tough lesson learned, unfortunately :( .

steve23yh
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2008 2:48 pm 

It does beg the question of how well our ratings system is working. A trade with someone as sound a reputation as maccaman had should be safe, but...

Rather like the bootleg reviews on the BZ site (all either 10/10 or 0/10) trader reviews only tend to be 10/10 or 0/10. We never seem to bother with simple things like docking a couple of marks for TAOs or taking too long, it's all or nothing.

I expect there's fear of reprisals, á la eBay, but as a result, are our ratings really giving as good a guide as they should? A trader with 100% record after eighteen separate pieces of feedback should be safe safe safe!

peterchecksfield
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2008 5:13 pm 

steve23yh wrote:
It does beg the question of how well our ratings system is working. A trade with someone as sound a reputation as maccaman had should be safe, but...

Rather like the bootleg reviews on the BZ site (all either 10/10 or 0/10) trader reviews only tend to be 10/10 or 0/10. We never seem to bother with simple things like docking a couple of marks for TAOs or taking too long, it's all or nothing.

I expect there's fear of reprisals, á la eBay, but as a result, are our ratings really giving as good a guide as they should? A trader with 100% record after eighteen separate pieces of feedback should be safe safe safe!

Personally I rarely trade with people on the bootlegzone unless (a) I know them via the forum, or (b) I've had personal recommendations from other people. Otherwise (if I agree to trade) I start off with a maximum of 4-5 discs regardless of how good their ratings are.

Padilla
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2008 5:53 pm 

steve23yh wrote:

It doesnt help when there is some dumbass on the main site that gives a 5 star rating to almost everyone that comes on within there first couple days of being a member.... :/

I am recognized worldwide as perhaps the world’s premier expert on Wooltonism.

peterchecksfield
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2008 6:18 pm 

Padilla wrote:
steve23yh wrote:

It doesnt help when there is some dumbass on the main site that gives a 5 star rating to almost everyone that comes on within there first couple days of being a member.... :/

Really?! Who?

Padilla
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2008 6:38 pm 

peterchecksfield wrote:
Padilla wrote:
steve23yh wrote:

Really?! Who?

The BeaTles

Just look at a handful of traders with one rating, chances are fair.....

I am recognized worldwide as perhaps the world’s premier expert on Wooltonism.