It is currently Sat Apr 20, 2019 2:34 pm

All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]

seltaebjpgr
 Post subject: BAD TRADER ALERT!!!
PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2004 5:20 pm 

Beware of this guy

Steve Schneider
Rochester NY, 14606

I made a trade with him, he said he'd send me blanks and still hasn't. I've made numerous emails to him and no replies. Today, after a month and a half of trying to get hold of him, this is what I finally get from him;

"F*** YOU. I spent all weekend trying to copy those s***ty cds you sent me. Ripping with EAC showed all kinds of errors.

No body else complained about the discs I sent them

Beside the fact that my family comes first on the weekends and I told you a number of times I WILL SEND YOU THE F***ING CDS. So go ahead and post all the bad trader alerts you want.
Either way the cds are going out Tuesday morning.

Which I still Haven't received

What you don't understand is getting to the post office is not easy for me and if I didn't have so much trouble copying your damn cds I would have had everything mailed out last week. You send me crappy cds without even any sleeves or protection.

They were packaged very carefully and properly

So you'll get your 22 cds and they'll be a lot better quality than the ones you sent me. But they will be without sleeves so if they are as scratched up as the ones you sent me don't be surprised"

What a jerk. I will never deal with this jerk again. I could care less if I got those blank discs now.

Just be warry of this guy. He's not worth the trouble you go through to get him the discs.

eclipsed
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2004 7:13 am 

I've never dealt with this Schneider guy, but I can certainly vouch for the credibility of seltaebjpgr.
When I first started my Beatleg CDR collection, seltaebjpgr hooked me up with a good number of discs. They were always well packaged and protected, and more often than not came with scans.
Only once have I ever gotten a "bad" disc from him, and he replaced it right away.

So, Steve, if you're reading this, you might want to lighten up a bit.

my 2 cents,

Paul

yellosub
 Post subject: Re: BAD TRADER ALERT!!!
PostPosted: Sat Mar 20, 2004 4:52 pm 

seltaebjpgr wrote:
Beware of this guy

You should be aware that I am in the middle of preparing a detailed list of problems with discs I have received from you. Many discs, despite the fact that they played just fine when I received them from you, have since either become un-playable and/or un-extractable.

Using a utility program from Plextor called PlexTools, I have identified far excessive levels of C2 & CU errors on your discs. The resultant graphs from these tests indicate that you either burn your discs at too high a speed or copy them "on-the-fly" rather than copying to your hard drive first. The number of buffer under-runs are clearly an indication of either of these 2 situations. Couple this with the generic "no-name" CDR's you tend to use and the reason for all the problems is obvious. :no:

I am not familiar with the trader from Rochester that previously complained of extraction problems with the discs you sent him but I can certainly understand his plight.

weezer-rock
 Post subject: Better rippers
PostPosted: Mon Mar 22, 2004 7:46 pm 

On a related note (just since it might help with this problem) I've been using a new ripper that seems to be better than audio grabber. It's called EAC, exact audio copy. It's a program that promises exact digital extraction and if its impossible it will tell you when and where errors occurred in the extraction process. So you don't have to worry about all the problems yellosub is going to point out to you in the future.

You can get it free at www.etree.org.

-Samuel

walrus
 Post subject: Re: Better rippers
PostPosted: Mon Mar 22, 2004 8:08 pm 

weezer-rock wrote:
On a related note (just since it might help with this problem) I've been using a new ripper that seems to be better than audio grabber. It's called EAC, exact audio copy. It's a program that promises exact digital extraction and if its impossible it will tell you when and where errors occurred in the extraction process. So you don't have to worry about all the problems yellosub is going to point out to you in the future.

You can get it free at www.etree.org.

You're right about EAC, except that it's been around for some time. However, doing good extraction with EAC isn't enough, one still needs to burn properly, ie. good blanks, not too high speed and without gaps/pauses. Plus, you need to know how EAC works and set it up properly. See the relevant threads in "General Talk".

Alessandro Marinho
PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2007 6:27 am 

yellosub wrote:
seltaebjpgr wrote:
Beware of this guy

You should be aware that I am in the middle of preparing a detailed list of problems with discs I have received from you. Many discs, despite the fact that they played just fine when I received them from you, have since either become un-playable and/or un-extractable.

Using a utility program from Plextor called PlexTools, I have identified far excessive levels of C2 & CU errors on your discs. The resultant graphs from these tests indicate that you either burn your discs at too high a speed or copy them "on-the-fly" rather than copying to your hard drive first. The number of buffer under-runs are clearly an indication of either of these 2 situations. Couple this with the generic "no-name" CDR's you tend to use and the reason for all the problems is obvious. :no:

I am not familiar with the trader from Rochester that previously complained of extraction problems with the discs you sent him but I can certainly understand his plight.

Hey, this Yellow sub dude is the same ass that Selta was warning us about, he just registered here once to talk bad about our dear Selta. I never traded CDs with selta before, but I asked for his help years ago and he went through all the trouble to help me, he is also a great colaborator of Harald Gernhardt website..... I vouch for Selta anytime over this ass called Yellow sub :no:

ringosshed
PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2007 7:21 am 

Alessandro Marinho wrote:
yellosub wrote:
seltaebjpgr wrote:
Beware of this guy

Hey, this Yellow sub dude is the same ass that Selta was warning us about, he just registered here once to talk bad about our dear Selta. I never traded CDs with selta before, but I asked for his help years ago and he went through all the trouble to help me, he is also a great colaborator of Harald Gernhardt website..... I vouch for Selta anytime over this ass called Yellow sub :no:

Does seem odd that Yellosub registered in 03 and this is his first post :?

Alessandro Marinho
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2007 5:27 pm 

this is exactly my point, for me it does not matter If a thread is old or not, untill we get everyone's opinion, after all new traders always visit the hall of shame in search of info about the traders, and some matters appears unresolved, even though people say they resolved them. I am doing this only to help and as I know selta would never do something like that I decided to expose this jack called yellow sub.