BootlegZone

Made for and by bootleg lovers
It is currently Tue Feb 19, 2019 4:18 am

All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]

moptop
 Post subject: Doug Sulpy - The 910
PostPosted: Fri Jul 05, 2013 1:31 pm 

I would like to nominate Mr Sulpy for a position in the Hall of Shame for changing the status of his own forum, to a subscription basis, with out any warning.

The change requires you to purchase his 910 emagazine to obtain a password to access a new section incorporating the previously open threads,"Beatles Audio - Collector's Items," "Beatles Audio - Official Releases" and "The Official '910' Beatles Review", going back to 2006. He has not made it clear whether he will include a password with his new Audio Guide.

I assume that there will be a new password each quarter, so to all intense and purpose the meaningful element of the forum is now on a subscription business. I wonder if the new section works well he will do away with his emagazine and annual hardback issue.

This unannounced change has upset many people , some long time readers, his response to the negative feedback , in my opinion is damn right rude. On a personal basis owning all but the last two emagazines I feel totally aggrieved by his actions and being locked out of the numerous threads I actively contributed.

What ever happened to the customer is always right. Clearly I am now unable to access or respond to threads on the 910 forum, so please PM and queries.

I have an exceptionally large inbox at the moment , having openly challenged Mr Sulpy and I will endeavour to reply to everyone by the end of the weekend. If your have an auction finishing soon. please add the word 'AUCTION' to your subject and I'll give yourreply priority.

Regards Chris

moptop
 Post subject: Re: Doug Sulpy - The 910
PostPosted: Fri Jul 05, 2013 2:10 pm 

Well Mr Sulpy , has sent me a couple of messages.

1 complaining and deleting the link to my site which has been there for seven years . (although I had changed the wording to I'm locked out PM if you need a reply to any thread I have written on.)

2. Pushing the subscription fee and that it is not a lot.

3 Asking for some help on an upgrade. 8O

Last edited by moptop on Fri Jul 05, 2013 5:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Inner Groove
PostPosted: Fri Jul 05, 2013 2:39 pm 

The phrases "Shooting himself in the foot", "Burning his bridges", "Cutting off his nose to spite his face", spring to mind.

His attitude sucks, his opinions are biased, his politics suck.....Let him shut himself off with his dwindling number of sycophants so he can continue his obsessive hatred of Yoko and pick faults in all the latest fan-release bootlegs. He seriously believes that his opinions are so valuable that you should PAY for them. It's time he got himself a proper job.

billychildish
PostPosted: Fri Jul 05, 2013 9:26 pm 

Although I loved DDSI, the guy is truly a dickhead.

uburoibob
PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2013 4:00 am 

I second the nomination.