BootlegZone

Made for and by bootleg lovers
It is currently Sat Apr 20, 2019 2:51 pm

All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 9 posts ] 
Author Message
mccannon
 Post subject: Anybody knows "Paul"?
PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2014 10:24 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jun 10, 2008 2:40 pm
Posts: 857
Location: Italy
Hello folks,
I hate doing this but... the story goes like this.

  • 30 Jan: Paul sent me a private message "I'm missing some of your own and Ebbetts and other titles" and, after my reply, sent me a list of what he needs saying that he'd rather do an "actual trade" (no torrents, no filesharing).
  • 1 Feb: I replied with a list of what I have and said it would take some time to burn the discs.
  • 19 Feb: After some messages we finalised what to do: 1 burned CDR (me) vs 2 blank CDRs (Paul).
  • 25 Feb: Paul wrote "I will send the CDRs by next Saturday".
  • 29 Mar: I wrote that the burning process was over, but I was going to download a couple of albums that he requested, so in a few more days I could send him the complete package.
  • 16 Apr: Paul wrote that he's sorry that he lost touch he also needs the 'Dexterised' US Rubber soul.
  • 27 Apr: I wrote that I was finally going to send the package (18 CDRs) and "please let me know when you get it". Message still unread.
  • 28 Apr: I wrote "I have just shipped the package". Message still unread.
  • 19 Jun: I asked him "have you received the packet" and said that I hadn't received his discs. Message still unread.

The last three messages are still unread to date, so it seems like in the last 3 months he has not logged in. He could have personal issues, I understand that. I'm not angry or irritated, I'm just a bit frustrated as it's impossible for me to get in touch with him: I don't know if he received my CDRs and never received the blanks.

I don't feel burned (it was just about $12.50 USD, who cares) but hope we manage to fix this somehow... so anybody knows Paul?

Thank you for your attention
---McCannon

NEWS 30 Dec: maybe things are being sorted out...

_________________
Real life took over


Last edited by mccannon on Tue Dec 01, 2015 11:17 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Top
 Profile  
 
The Fool
 Post subject: Re: Anybody knows "Paul"?
PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2014 9:45 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Aug 13, 2004 10:27 pm
Posts: 3106
Location: aboard Global flight 33 trying to get back home
Hey you're alive mccannon! Good to hear from you. :hi:

Sorry about your troubles - how are the drops progressing?


Top
 Profile  
 
mccannon
 Post subject: Re: Anybody knows "Paul"?
PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2014 8:13 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jun 10, 2008 2:40 pm
Posts: 857
Location: Italy
Hey The Fool, I'll write you soon

_________________
Real life took over


Top
 Profile  
 
The Fool
 Post subject: Re: Anybody knows "Paul"?
PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2014 10:25 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Aug 13, 2004 10:27 pm
Posts: 3106
Location: aboard Global flight 33 trying to get back home
mccannon wrote:
Hey The Fool, I'll write you soon

:bounce: :good:


Top
 Profile  
 
mccannon
 Post subject: Re: Anybody knows "Paul"?
PostPosted: Sat Nov 14, 2015 11:37 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jun 10, 2008 2:40 pm
Posts: 857
Location: Italy
Well it's been a long time, so I'd like to wrap this up.

I had searched for titles that this guy asked (and I didn't have) and I had sent him about 20 CD-Rs (mainly Ebbetts), going through the hassle of the post office, that's actually a hassle around here.
He sent me the last message in Dec 2014 (11 months ago), writing "I had to move quite abruptly due to some family issues" and "I did receive your package, thank you!! if you will give me your mailing address again I will get the discs and a bit of cash out to you as compensation for the long wait!!". Then he disappeared again and my reply is still in "unread" status.
Of course I don't need his blank CD-R spindle and his money. And after all it's alright, for me it was the price of an education.
For what it's worth (I guess this place is almost desert by now), my advice for you is to avoid this douchebag at all costs. If he happens to contact you for some reason, take it into account.
:hi:

_________________
Real life took over


Top
 Profile  
 
joguema
 Post subject: Re: Anybody knows "Paul"?
PostPosted: Sat Nov 14, 2015 12:00 pm 
Offline
Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Sun Apr 07, 2002 7:27 pm
Posts: 1174
I know several "Pauls", so it might help to know in which town - or at least in which country - your Paul lives.

_________________
Scotch me up, Beamy!


Top
 Profile  
 
The Fool
 Post subject: Re: Anybody knows "Paul"?
PostPosted: Sat Nov 14, 2015 12:47 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Aug 13, 2004 10:27 pm
Posts: 3106
Location: aboard Global flight 33 trying to get back home
mccannon wrote:
Well it's been a long time, so I'd like to wrap this up.

I had searched for titles that this guy asked (and I didn't have) and I had sent him about 20 CD-Rs (mainly Ebbetts), going through the hassle of the post office, that's actually a hassle around here.
He sent me the last message in Dec 2014 (11 months ago), writing "I had to move quite abruptly due to some family issues" and "I did receive your package, thank you!! if you will give me your mailing address again I will get the discs and a bit of cash out to you as compensation for the long wait!!". Then he disappeared again and my reply is still in "unread" status.
Of course I don't need his blank CD-R spindle and his money. And after all it's alright, for me it was the price of an education.
For what it's worth (I guess this place is almost desert by now), my advice for you is to avoid this douchebag at all costs. If he happens to contact you for some reason, take it into account.
:hi:


I will take that on advisement and will steer clear of this guy. Sorry about your hassle! :hi: Nice to hear from you!


Top
 Profile  
 
mccannon
 Post subject: Re: Anybody knows "Paul"?
PostPosted: Fri Nov 27, 2015 4:16 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jun 10, 2008 2:40 pm
Posts: 857
Location: Italy
The Fool wrote:
I will take that on advisement and will steer clear of this guy. Sorry about your hassle! :hi: Nice to hear from you!

Hope you're doing well :hi:

_________________
Real life took over


Top
 Profile  
 
mccannon
 Post subject: Re: Anybody knows "Paul"?
PostPosted: Fri Nov 27, 2015 4:18 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jun 10, 2008 2:40 pm
Posts: 857
Location: Italy
joguema wrote:
I know several "Pauls", so it might help to know in which town - or at least in which country - your Paul lives.

"Paul" is his nickname on this board, memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=775.
His real name is Christopher. He lives in Vancouver, Washington 98661, USA.

_________________
Real life took over


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 9 posts ] 

All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group