BootlegZone

Made for and by bootleg lovers
It is currently Sat Aug 19, 2017 4:45 pm

All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]

Leonid
 Post subject: 1965 British tour video surfaced ?
PostPosted: Wed Apr 21, 2010 2:33 pm 

Here is the screenshow i found. Does it mean that there is some video of the 1965 British Winter tour available?

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Ken Wood
 Post subject: Re: 1965 British tour video surfaced ?
PostPosted: Wed Apr 21, 2010 2:53 pm 
Site Admin

That would be truly amazing - where did you find it?

DJole
PostPosted: Wed Apr 21, 2010 3:21 pm 

W O W !!!
More info P L E A S E !!!

:bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

murrays15
PostPosted: Wed Apr 21, 2010 4:33 pm 

The Beatles Film & TV Chronicle Book lists a film from the December 1965 UK Tour. I don't have the book in front of me, so someone should verify this for me. I think it lists the footage as being black & white.

murray

harrythebannister
PostPosted: Wed Apr 21, 2010 4:53 pm 

Yes it does. This clip would appear to be Hammersmith Odeon on 10th December 1965. The clip in question is an interesting one as it features We Can Work It Out and Yesterday (with Paul at the piano). Perhaps one day maybe we'll get to see this.

georgefromhenley
PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2010 7:55 am 

As far as I know the short 3 min clip shows seconds of each song of the latter half of the show including the organ tracks.
As we see Paul on the organ it must be "Yesterday" but I have no idea what John is playing on his guitar. I still try to find out if "Yesterday" was played alone by Paul (as 1965 on TV) or together with the other 3 (as in 1966)!

Thorsten

scullyluster
PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2010 9:38 am 

Looks like a screencap from a video source. Anybody know if the footage has audio?

georgefromhenley
PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2010 9:40 am 

The private film from Hammersmith Odeon is silent!

beatlesondvd
PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2010 11:34 am 

Here's the page I posted a few months back.

http://www.beatlesondvd.com/19651969/19651210-bea.htm

Last edited by beatlesondvd on Sat Feb 27, 2016 4:13 pm, edited 2 times in total.

djdomato
PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2010 3:17 pm 

Wow, thats a great discovery, I can't wait to see this (and hear, I pray for this)
:bounce:

yellowsubmarine
PostPosted: Sat Feb 27, 2016 4:11 pm 

Will we see it?

GLCompany
PostPosted: Sat Feb 27, 2016 4:22 pm 

Maybe it will turn up in the new to come Live Project?

Darth Parrox
PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2016 1:05 am 

They could have been playing anything. Most TV performances at this point were either pre recorded or they lip synched to the studio recordings. So John and Paul could have even been pretending to play a tuba or kazoo, you are still only going to hear a poorer quality audio of the studio recording or Paul singing live to the backing track like he did for Ed Sullivan and all. This was the point where they couldn't even hear themselves perform over screams most of the time, so most things televised were backed up by prerecorded instrumentation or the studio recordings. When they were performing great, it was preserved, when they were performing lousy, it was preserved, when something like this comes into circulation, the excitement will be gone within a few hours. The only amusing part is how silly they look miming.

harrythebannister
PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2016 1:49 am 

This isn't mimed it's live during their final UK tour. :?

yellowsubmarine
PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2016 11:09 am 

Darth Parrox wrote:
Paul singing live to the backing track like he did for Ed Sullivan and all

What? :?

Darth Parrox
PostPosted: Mon Feb 29, 2016 8:34 am 

Synchronize the strings on Ed Sullivan, and the one other similar 1965 performance of Yesterday, to the actual orchestration on the album version. I think Ed Sullivan even uses Paul's album guitar track. The only difference is the location's natural echo. It's not a big surprise, Rolling Stones even toured with the orchestration track of As Tears Go By when they performed it in the mid 60's. When they knew a concert was sold out and almost no one was gonna hear them well anyway no one would notice. Watch John's harmonica playing compared to what you hear in live 'I'm A Loser' or other bits that give it away. Sometimes, if you are a guitar player, it is obvious, because George doesn't always play the same guitar solo twice so it looks like his playing isn't in sync. I'm not even referring to Shea Stadium. I'm saying most of the live 1965 footage that is out there, bootleg, anthology dvds, Not all the time, but off and on in 1965 there are moments when it is obvious that the music of some songs in some performances was pre taped. We Can Work It Out was pretty much only mimed to. Until the actual performances of anything really do pop up, I consider it myth. They barely ever changed their 1965 - 1966 set lists. If it doesn't surface by the time Ron Howard's stuff comes out, it might as well be up there with the 'never to be seen' Apple release of Let It Be. I remember someone back in 1991 claiming they had footage of the Beatles performing Norwegian Wood 1965 UK and it had no volume. I showed it to a deaf friend who instantly read lips and said it was Ticket To Ride. When I asked the guy who the heck said it was Norwegian Wood, he smashed the video tape copy he made for me and told me to .....well, you get the idea. Most I can tell you of that is that it was black and white and there was an organ on the stage too and there was something like a counter at the bottom of the screen at around 16 minutes based on what I wrote in notebooks of material collectors showed me over the years. That guy was shot at an ATM, so who knows where his collection went. He had videos of 70's Yes and Dylan concerts too. Moron always tried to sell copies for like $400 or sample videos for $20 and you'd get them home and find only 2 minutes of mostly blurred fragments. Like anyone else, I'd be excited if audio would show up, but I'm like 80% doubtful that it'd be impressing. If it's not mimed and not fake, then great, I'd be happy as anyone else, There just isn't much from 1965 live concerts that has said 'play me all the time', lol. I'm not knocking it or arguing. I just feel bad for people that get all excited and then it's a big let down.

flabbyroad
PostPosted: Mon Feb 29, 2016 11:47 am 

Intriguing, I think until documentation shows up this will be a debate,

viewtopic.php?f=170&t=27790

fl.

vitaliy
PostPosted: Mon Feb 29, 2016 4:36 pm 

At least during rehearsals they used "live" violins.

vitaliy
PostPosted: Mon Feb 29, 2016 4:49 pm 

Darth Parrox wrote:
We Can Work It Out was pretty much only mimed to.

They played We Can Work It Out live only during their brief British tour in 1965. And no video has surfaced so far, so you can't tell.
Maybe you are talking about their music videos shot in Twickenham Film Studios?

yellowsubmarine
PostPosted: Mon Feb 29, 2016 6:35 pm 

I guess that 1965 UK Tour video has "We Can Work It Out" with Paul by the organ.

djdomato
PostPosted: Mon Feb 29, 2016 8:10 pm 

yellowsubmarine wrote:
I guess that 1965 UK Tour video has "We Can Work It Out" with Paul by the organ.

Paul plays organ in "Yesterday" and John in "We can work it out"

shavedfish1
PostPosted: Mon Feb 29, 2016 8:14 pm 

If the UK 1965 Tour video clip is so short I wonder why it cannot be shared - I mean if it was like 5 minutes long....but I heard it is only like 30 seconds in length and quality not that great.

Darth Parrox
PostPosted: Mon Feb 29, 2016 10:54 pm 

If they leaked a long enough clip, deaf people that read lips will be able to tell you what is really being sung. Until audio surfaces 'We Can Work It Out beig performed live is nothing but gossip. There's no proof besides people's words. It's right up there in the belief as those so called 'few notes of In My Life' at the end of Candlestick Park that ended up not even there. Or any proof of a 'Yesterday' with Paul on organ. LOL. When I traded with an older guy from the UK, he said nothing in the UK was any different than the US Shea set list.

Anyone hear of a Shea rehearsal tape from 1965? Supposedly 15 minutes of backstage was recorded or filmed. Supposedly it has George and Paul talking about giving If I Needed Someone to the Hollies, which recorded their version around the same time as the Beatles did theirs. Also supposedly has Help / Ticket To Ride / She's A Woman. Someone was trying to sell me a cdr copy of it for the ridiculous price of $8,000 over the darn phone on Saturday lol. I asked for proof of the recording, but dang, the distortion was terrible and the guitar sounded out of tune. It was definitely 40 seconds of George playing a sloppy If I Needed Someonebut the person recording seemed more interested in capturing John laughing at some interviewer dropping a microphone. He claims he might auction the source reel to reel on ebay for $20,000. but be warned if or when it pops up, he makes copies so it might not be the real source. He used to press Get Back vinyl bootlegs in Scranton, PA in the 70's along with Dylan and Pink Floyd bootlegs.

Qwazi
PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2016 2:19 am 

Darth Parrox wrote:
If they leaked a long enough clip, deaf people that read lips will be able to tell you what is really being sung. Until audio surfaces 'We Can Work It Out beig performed live is nothing but gossip. There's no proof besides people's words. It's right up there in the belief as those so called 'few notes of In My Life' at the end of Candlestick Park that ended up not even there. Or any proof of a 'Yesterday' with Paul on organ. LOL. When I traded with an older guy from the UK, he said nothing in the UK was any different than the US Shea set list.

Anyone hear of a Shea rehearsal tape from 1965? Supposedly 15 minutes of backstage was recorded or filmed. Supposedly it has George and Paul talking about giving If I Needed Someone to the Hollies, which recorded their version around the same time as the Beatles did theirs. Also supposedly has Help / Ticket To Ride / She's A Woman. Someone was trying to sell me a cdr copy of it for the ridiculous price of $8,000 over the darn phone on Saturday lol. I asked for proof of the recording, but dang, the distortion was terrible and the guitar sounded out of tune. It was definitely 40 seconds of George playing a sloppy If I Needed Someonebut the person recording seemed more interested in capturing John laughing at some interviewer dropping a microphone. He claims he might auction the source reel to reel on ebay for $20,000. but be warned if or when it pops up, he makes copies so it might not be the real source. He used to press Get Back vinyl bootlegs in Scranton, PA in the 70's along with Dylan and Pink Floyd bootlegs.

Hasn't it been listed for decades at this point as being part of the short, final UK tour in Lewisohn? I'd imagine, SOMEWHERE, there is substantiating evidence. I can't imagine Mark just made up this set list, given his reputation and exhaustive research abilities. +, why WOULD Paul play organ on "We Can Work It Out"? Who would have played bass? John plays it in the (admittedly mimed) video. Why wouldn't he have played it live? We know he played the organ live for "I'm Down"? Not really getting your whole, "deaf people could prove..." argument, given the internal inconsistencies. Plus the issue in of the KEY Yesterday was recorded in. The Beatles certainly were not willing to tour with a guitar tuned down a whole step and exclude the band entirely for "Yesterday" as they proved with that ridiculous arrangement they played on their last world tour. The organ would have been the perfect solution.

billychildish
PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2016 8:05 am 

Darth Parrox wrote:

This is such bullshit.